We play an integral role in helping the large and increasingly complicated market of goods and services work better—national, Trans-Tasman and international.
Accreditation has many flow-on benefits throughout the market chain for business, regulators and government by:
- reducing compliance and transaction costs
- reducing risk
- streamlining operations
- breaking down barriers to trade, which provides greater access to foreign markets
- providing assurance to the many players involved that goods and services sold are safe and can be used for their intended purpose.
Accreditation adds value to the ever growing and increasingly complicated market chain in many ways, including by providing a symbol of assurance that certifiers and inspectors are independent and competent to perform their duties.
The players who benefit from our work include:
- certification and inspection bodies
- clients of certification and inspection bodies (client organisations that provide goods and services and that want to be certified)
- end consumers of certified and inspected products and services (retailers, wholesalers and the individual consumer).
To help markets work better we implement the goals listed under the JAZ-ANZ Treaty.